Although Independence Day is almost here, it is not too late to plan last minute 4th of July getaways! Affordable getaways or budget getaways may sound idyllic (if not a bit unrealistic) to many people. The truth is that you really CAN enjoy cheap 4th of July getaways! Today, we will show you some ways to save money on last minute 4th of July getaways! Want to get away for the weekend? July 4th weekend getaways are doable too! We will also mention some locations where you can watch fantastic 4th of July fireworks displays! It wouldn’t feel like Independence day without those July 4th fireworks! Finally, we have included some websites that will help you find affordable hotels to help you save money on your budget getaways!
Ways to save money on last minute 4th of July getaways:
Book hotels through discount websites such as Expedia. This can save you a significant amount of money! Shop around, and when you find a good price act fast. The good offers tend to disappear quickly.
- If you are driving, considering bringing some of your own food with you. Eating out gets expensive quickly! If you want to save money, you can bring snacks and some basic food items with you. This is even easier if you have a mini fridge in your hotel room. You could pack lunch meat, cheese, and bread. Items like that are easy to pack and can be made into cheap sandwiches. Perfect for a picnic!
- Considering camping. That’s right, we said consider camping. In a tent. You can save lots of money by camping out in a tent (or a camper) at a campground. If you enjoy nature, this is a great option for you! If you do not enjoy nature, it might still be a good experience. Think of all the money you will save by not renting a hotel room. Plus, you might have some memorable bonding experiences with your family or travel buddies!
- Look for coupons. If you don’t camp out or pack food, you can still save money. Look for coupons on websites such as retailmenot.com. You may be able to find coupons for various restaurants. Also, if you’ve been holding onto restaurant gift cards since Christmas or your birthday, your 4th of July getaway may be a good time to use them!
Best places to watch 4th of July Fireworks:
Chicago 4th of July Fireworks– You can head to Lake Michigan on July 3rd to view a fantastic fireworks display with music by the Grant Park Orchestra. Or, you can look out for the Navy Pier’s fireworks display over Lake Michigan on July 4. This display lasts approximately 10 minutes. You can plan a picnic at the lake to save money. When the sun goes down, you can enjoy the fireworks! Affordable and fun!
July 4th Fireworks NYC– Macy’s will be launching their fireworks on July 4th from the East River near the South Street Seaport. You can watch this fireworks display from any pace that has a clear view of the East River (Brooklyn, Queens, or Manhattan). If you can find an affordable hotel, you can make it a cheap 4th of July getaway! If you head to Long Island, you can watch the fireworks and enjoy a Fireworks Festival! They have a fun event with food, music, and activities. Roosevelt Island also has a great view with food and music.
Other great cities for July 4th Fireworks:
- Washington, D.C.- This probably goes without saying, but what a great place to celebrate Independence Day than our nation’s capital! Don’t miss the fireworks display over the Washington Monument.
- Los Angeles- There are many fun firework displays and tons of fun activities for families and kids!
- Miami- There is always fun to be had in Miami. The 4th of July is no different!
- New Orleans- Another city where the parties never stop. No doubt you will have a great time celebrating the 4th of July here.
- Las Vegas- Sin city with fun and fireworks. What else can I say?
Last minute hotel options:
- Expedia.com Hotel Deals– Expedia is a great website to use especially when you want to save money and get the best prices. Additionally, you can use this website to book flights, car rentals, and cruises in addition to hotel rentals. You can even bundle your deals for maximum savings!
- Hotels.com Last Minute Deals-This website will help you find great deals on hotels. You can find the average price for hotels in various locations based on star rating.
- Accorhotels.com Hotel Super Sale– You can book a last minute hotel for your 4th of July getaways through this website. The site is easy to navigate so you won’t waste a lot of time making your reservations.
- Trivago.com – Trivago claims that roughly 80 million visitors use their site every month. You can join these frugal shoppers in the know to search & compare hotel prices, read reviews & browse photos. I’ve taken my family to some of the best vacations using this site!