If you enjoy occasionally cooking meatless meals, we think you will LOVE this tasty summer Zucchini Bake recipe. It is full of fresh veggies that taste great and are currently in season. Although this recipe is meatless, you could boil or grill chicken and add it in if you would like! It is a very versatile recipe. You can easily tweak the amount of herbs you put in the recipe to better suit your taste.
Eggplant Tomato Zucchini Bake Ingredients:
- 3 medium sized zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds) that have been quartered then cut into 1/2″ slices
- 1 small/medium sized eggplant (about 3/4 pound) that has been sliced into 1/4″ thick slices and then cut into 3/4″ slices
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup freshly of grated parmesan cheese, divided (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped of fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped of fresh parsley, divided
Eggplant Tomato Zucchini Bake Directions:
Begin by preheating you oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray non-stick cooking spray in a 9×9″ baking pan. If you have not already done so, cut the zucchini and eggplant to the sizes indicated above. Once sliced, place them into a bowl and cut the tomatoes in half. Once they have been sliced, add them to the bowl with the zucchini and eggplant. Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies. Then, add the salt, pepper, garlic, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, and half of the parsley and basil. Gently toss the veggies to coat them with the olive oil mixture. Then, place the veggies in the baking pan. Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes. After 25 minutes have passed, carefully cover the pan with aluminum foil. Continue baking the Eggplant Tomato Zucchini Bake for another 10 to 20 minutes. The veggies should become tender. Once the bake has finished cooking, top it with the remaining cheese, basil, and parsley.