Grandparents Day is Sunday, September 8th ( 9-8-2013 ) !! And just in case you don’t have plans yet, we would love to invite you to read our HUGE list below of FREE events and gifts you can make yourself or purchase at a frugal fabulous price! We put together this list of Grandparents Day Freebies – lots of awesome Free Stuff you can score on Grandparents Day for 2013 – an extra little celebration for all that our grandmas, nanas, grandpas, papas and more do each day for their families. 😀
Grandparent’s Day Freebies 2013 ( 9-8-2013 )
Restaurant Deals & Freebies
- Mimi’s Cafe ~ In years past, they offered a BOGO Free Coupon. Buy a lunch or dinner entree plus two beverages and get a lunch or dinner entree for free – with printable coupon. We will be on the lookout to see if this is offered again!
- Old Spaghetti Factory ~ Children who bring a grandparent in for lunch or dinner on September 8, 2013, will get a free entrée! This offer is for dine-in only and only one free meal per one entrée purchased. Please call ahead as seating may be limited. Be sure to bring in a copy of this flyer with you!
- White Castle ~ Grandparents and grandkids who visit a participating White Castle will enjoy four Original Sliders for $1 “with any purchase for a grandchild” with printable coupon. Plus, the first 100 people who stop by with the family will win a “vintage collectible paper hat.” One coupon per customer per visit, valid only on September 8, 2013.
Other Grandparent’s Day Freebies
- Free eCards and Printable Cards
- Free Coloring Sheets
- Free Letter Writing Station at Pottery Barn Kids (September 2nd – 8th, 2013) and Grandparents Story Time on Tuesday, September 3rd at 11 am. They will also have a Grandparents Doll Tea Party on Saturday, September 7th at 10 am and 11 am (but there is a cost of $10 to participate, for ages 4 and up).
- Free Magazine Subscription to GRAND Magazine (a $19.95 value)
- Free Teaching Worksheets
- Free Online Game via Starfall ~ My girls just love this website, and they love helping Zac write a letter to their Grandparent. Not only does it teach them how to write a letter of their own, but it teaches them listening, reading and computer skills all at the same time.
Grandparent’s Day DIY Gift Ideas
When it come to creating your own gifts, nothing beats your child’s handprint. Put them on a canvas, a piece of paper, the inside of a card, a flower pot, an apron, or even a t-shirt. Your options are endless.
Grandparent’s Day Frugal Gift Ideas
Sometimes you may not have enough time or stress to spare when it comes to gift giving, which is why its okay to find a frugal gift idea. Here are just a few of my favorites…
- Jewelry ~ One of my grandmother’s favorite gifts was a ring with all of her children’s birthstones in it. You could always start price matching, or find a piece of jewelry that fits your budget like Darcus Tori.
- Free 5×7 Photo Book ~ Simply use the coupon code MYBOOK at checkout! All you pay is shipping and handling!
- Free Poster, 4×6 Magnet, or 4×6 Custom Softcover Book ~ Simply use the coupon code WONDERFUL at checkout! All you pay is shipping and handling!
- Free Placemat ~ Simply use the coupon code MYPLACEMAT at checkout! All you pay is shipping and handling!
- Free 11 oz Mug ~ Simply use the coupon code MYMUG at checkout! All you pay is shipping and handling!
- 2 Free 8×10 Prints ~ Simply use the coupon code MYEIGHTS at checkout! All you pay is shipping and handling!
- Free Grocery Tote Bag ~ Simply use the coupon code MYTOTE at checkout! All you pay is shipping and handling!
- Free YorkPhoto Mousepad ~ Simply use the coupon code SCHOOLMOUSE at checkout to get yours! All you pay is shipping and handling!
- Free York Photo – Desk Calendar, 11×14 Poster, or 11oz Mug ~ Simply use the coupon code SCHOOLED at checkout to get yours! All you pay is shipping and handling!
- Photo Apron for only $5 + Shipping ~ Simply use the coupon code BBQSTYLE at checkout to get yours!
Post published by Melissa Roach, our Product Review & Giveaway Specialist.
Melissa is a Full Time Mom & Blogger HERE (please check out her blog!)