The end of the summer is rapidly coming to an end. Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday it was May! As we inch closer to the final days of summer, why not savor what we have left? Now is the perfect time to try out tasty summer recipes that we have been waiting to try. Use those summer fruits and veggies while they are fresh and delicious! Today, we are sharing a recipe for apple Greek yogurt chicken salad. This recipe is delicious! It is really simple to put together, too. It tastes great in a pita or on some fresh bread. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Apple Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Ingredients:
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts that have been cooked and diced into small cubes
- 1 1/4 cups of chopped gala, golden delicious, or fuji apple. Be sure to chop the apple into small pieces
- 1/3 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup of roughly chopped dried cranberries
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container of fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
Apple Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Directions:
Mix the chicken, apple pieces, pecans, and cranberries together in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, rosemary, dijon mustard, honey, onion powder, black pepper, and salt. Stir it together then pour it over the chicken mixture and gently fold together. Serve it on your favorite type of bread, pita, or a lettuce leaf.