Whenever the seasons change, it is a good time to clean up around the house. The real trick to clean frugally this fall. If you need a way to organize your attack on cleaning, there are a few easy ways to get started. Check out how to save money on Fall cleaning. I even found a great fall cleaning checklist to help you out: click here.
Below are some great ways to save when you start your fall cleaning:
- Make sure when you switch out your closets from summer clothing to fall/winter clothing to make piles of clothes to donate or sell. Fall is a great time for a garage sale before the weather turns too cold during the winter months.
- Make your own home cleaning products. When you use vinegar or baking soda to clean around your home you will save tons of money and save your family and pets from the harsh effects and odors of traditional cleaning products. If you click here there are some great ideas for making your own home cleaning products.
- Instead of hiring a maid service or a landscaping company to either clean your home or rake leaves, think about getting the kids involved. If you have middle or high school-aged children, this is a perfect teaching opportunity on taking pride in your home and keep everyone active in the family.
- Make sure to take a look at your insulation while you are on your cleaning spree. Good insulation will save you tons of money through the cold season and in the long run will save you money.
- Also make sure as light bulbs burn out to replace them with fluorescent light bulbs. These days there are many color options with the fluorescent bulbs than there were a few years ago and you can choose what suits your household. You will save tons of money on your electric bill with the energy efficient bulbs and of course, you likely know they last a long time, too. Make sure you do know how to clean up the bulbs, if they happen to break. They do have a small amount of mercury, so you must be careful. Click here for instructions from the Environmental Protection Agency on correct cleaning.