Target is expanding their subscription service (just like Amazon has). Targets service will deliver your favorite home items on a schedule that you set yourself. This is so great. More competition in this new market means better savings for you!
Here is how it works:
- Set your own schedule and get your essentials delivered directly to your door. Shop thousands of home essentials that you never want to run out of.
- Bonus Savings! Shipping is free! You can always change the schedule based on delivery, shipping address and quantities. Order items like laundry detergent, makeup, office supplies and more.
- Get an extra 5% off when you use your Red Card.
- Returns are easy and free
Target launched a small subscription service that began last September. That service was geared towards parents of small children. This new expansion adds about a thousand home essentials. It can be scheduled in four, six, eight, 10 and 12-week installments.
This expansion competes directly with Amazon’s service which is wildly popular. Amazon’s service has already been offered for two years. Wal-Mart even tried launching a subscription service but it failed fairly quickly.
I especially like the idea of a subscription service for working moms with small children. I would have loved to have diapers delivered to my front door to skip a shopping trip.
I included a list of a few other popular subscription services that you may not have heard of. My favorite is Birch Box!
- BirchBox: For $10 a month, Birch Box sends you a package of new and trendy beauty product samples (travel size).
- For the Makers: For $29 a month, the company will send the materials to make home goods, jewelry and other items.
- Conscious Box: $12 gets you a box of “pure and sustainable products.”
Well, that’s my list. If you have any subscription services you like tell us about it in the comments below. Better yet, why not continue this conversation on our Facebook page? While you’re there, don’t forget to like us!