Are you savoring the final days of summer as September rapidly approaches? August will be over before we know it. Now is a great time to cook those delicious summer meals that we all love. Take advantage of those fresh summertime fruits and veggies while you still can. Today, we have a yummy summer recipe that combines zucchini, corn, and quinoa with pesto. This is a winning combination that you just have to try for yourself! The recipe is delicious, affordable to make, and easy to throw together. Try it for yourself!
Zucchini And Corn Quinoa Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 cup of quinoa that has been rinsed off
- 1 3/4 cups of water or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 cups of diced zucchini (approximately 2 medium sized zucchini)
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can of chickpeas that have been rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup of homemade or store bought basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Zucchini And Corn Quinoa Pesto Directions:
Boil the water and the quinoa. Then, reduce the heat and simmer but be sure to cover the quinoa until it is tender and has absorbed all the water. This takes approximately 15 minutes. Next, remove the quinoa from heat and allow it to sit with a lid on for approximately 5 minutes. While the quinoa sits, dice the zucchini. Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Next, add the zucchini and corn and cook until it softens up and becomes tender. This takes approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Once tender, remove them from the heat and add pepper and salt. Finally, mix everything with pesto. Dig in and enjoy!