For the brave, courageous and incredible men, women and their families of our military…this post is for you. With the scariness of the recent government shutdown, I wanted to update our list of Military Discounts and Freebies that are available to our brave military members and their families ALL YEAR LONG. If you or someone in your family fight for our freedom everyday, then be sure to spread the word about these amazing deals:
*** NEW OFFER ***
Sam’s Club is waiving the membership fee for military and their families during the government shutdown while the commissaries are closed!
- Aeropostale: Aeropostale offers a 20% discount at all stores nationwide for active duty military, military reservists, military retirees, and military dependents.
- Anna’s Linens: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- Converse: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- Earth Fare: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic: The Gap, Banana Republic, and Old Navy provide a 10% military discount for active duty personnel, retirees, reservists and veterans with a valid ID the first Monday of each month.
- Hot Topic: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- Lady Foot Locker: Lady Foot Locker offers 20% off with valid military ID.
- Macy’s: Macy’s offers 10% off with military ID on the first Tuesday of every month (15% off with a Macy’s card).
- New York & Company: NY&Co. offers 15% off with valid military ID.
- Nike: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- Old Navy: 10% discount with valid military ID every Monday.
- Rack Room Shoes: Rack Room Shoes offers 15% off with valid military ID. As far as I know, this is only on Tuesdays.
- Torrid: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- Under Armour: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- A.C. Moore: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- Bass Pro Shops: B.P.S. offers 10% off from the 15th – 22nd of each month with valid military ID.
- Home Depot: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- Lowe’s: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- Sport’s Clips: 10% discount with valid military ID.
- Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge: Get a $500 discount for active military, reserves and retired reserves or retired-active after 20 years of service. Requires military ID
- Ford: Get $500 off through the Ford Military Appreciation program. This is a private offer and you must get a certificate online prior to going to the dealer.
- General Motors: General Motors states they have the best incentive program for military personnel. Most GM auto incentive programs can be combined with other incentives. If you are a USAA member, you can get an additional $750 off. Register online for more details.
- Apple: The Apple military discount is designed for current, former, and retired members and family members of the U.S. Military, the National Guard and Reserve. The Military Purchase Program offers these individuals special pricing of up to 15% off selected products. For more information, call 877-EPP-MEMBER.
- AT&T: Military members and veterans (who present a valid military ID or VA ID) can receive 15% off selected cell phone plans through the AT&T government discount program.
- Best Buy: Best Buy’s Military Appreciation Plan gives eligible service members a 50% discount on Geek Squad technical support and a discounted monthly support plan.
- Hewlett Packard: HP offers a military discount program, which offers military members up to 10% off computers and other special military promotions. Military members must sign up for the HP military discount program in order to receive discounts and special promotions.
- Sprint: Sprint offers a 15% discount for active duty military and veterans who make purchases online using a valid .mil or .gov email address. For in-store purchases, a valid military or VA ID must be presented.
Restaurant Discounts and Freebies
- Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s: Carl’s Jr and Hardee’s give military personnel, their dependents and their families a 10% military discount at corporate stores.
- Chevy’s Fresh Mex: Offer 20% discount to military, police or fire personnel in uniform.
- Chili’s: Chili’s offers a 10% off discount to active duty military in uniform.
- Golden Corral: Offer a Military “Thank You” Dinner every year – this year has not been scheduled yet.
- Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes: Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes offers 10% off with valid military ID.
- Outback Steakhouse: Outback offers a FREE Bloomin’ Onion appetizer to active duty military with valid ID.
- Zaxby’s: Zaxby’s offers 10% off with valid military ID.
- Air Travel: There are several airlines that may be willing to give you a discount. One program that I would recommend is the Veterans Advantage Program (when you use United Airlines (5% off), and other travel companies such as Amtrak, Carnival Cruise Line, Thrifty Rent-a-Car and Choice Hotels). If you are an Active Duty member in the military, you can get discounts on airfare from American Airlines, Delta Airlines and Southwest Airlines for you and your families. Please note: These discounts are only available when you call the company directly; they cannot be discounted online.
- Ace Rent-A-Car: Offers up to 15% off with valid military ID.
- Amtrak: Active-duty US military personnel, their spouses and their dependents are eligible to receive a 10% discount on the lowest available rail fare on most Amtrak trains, including for travel on the Auto Train.
- Best Western, Choice Hotels (includes Comfort Inn, Econo Lodge and many others), Hale Koa Hotel (in Honolulu, Hawaii), Hawk’s Cay Resort (in the Florida Keys), and Nickelodeon Suites: All offer up to 20% off discount for military and their families.
- Greyhound: Active duty and retired military personnel and their dependent family members may receive a 10-percent discount off the Greyhound walk-up (unrestricted) fare. Another option for military personnel is to travel on Greyhound for a maximum fare of $209 round trip anywhere in the continental United States.
- Hertz Rental Car: Hertz offers military members a variety of benefits including: discounted rates, unlimited mileage, free upgrades (when an upgraded vehicle is available), no additional charge for under age (under 25) drivers ages 18 and above, no additional charge for additional drivers, Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) included, liability insurance included, and complimentary membership in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards.
- KOA Campgrounds: Most KOA campgrounds offer a military discount between 5% and 15% off the regular price.
- Vettix Event Tickets: Vettix is a non profit organization started where people can donate tickets to events (concerts, sporting events, and etc.) to the organization. Military service members and veterans can then obtain these tickets for free. Instruction on how to obtain tickets is available atwww.vettix.org.
Amusement Park & Family Outing Discounts
- Birdies for the Brave: Birdies for the Brave offers complimentary admission for active, Reserve, and military retirees along with their dependents at select PGA TOUR, Champions Tour, and Web.com Tour events.
- Busch Gardens/Sea World/Sesame Place: Under Anheuser Busch’s Here’s to the Heroes program, any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman is entitled to free admission. He or she need only to register, either by clicking here and submitting his or her information or by showing a Department of Defense photo ID at the entrance plaza of participating parks. As many as three direct dependents of military personnel also are entitled to free admission. Dependents may take advantage of the offer without their service member, though an adult must accompany minor dependents, and dependent ages 10 and over must present valid dependent ID. This deal is valid for one complimentary single-day admission per person, per year, during the regular operating schedules at one of the following: SeaWorld Orlando, San Diego, or San Antonio; Busch Gardens Tampa Bay or Williamsburg; Sesame Place; Water Country USA; and Adventure Island.
- Disney Vacations: Save up to 40% off at Disneyland and Walt Disney World – be sure to also checkout Shades of Green (an exclusive Military hotel located at Walt Disney World) and Swan & Dolphin Resort (also located at Walt Disney World).
- Great Wolf Lodge: Get 10-20% off with Military ID (required to redeem discounts in person) and you can book online and enter the code HEROES. Veterans, you will need to show your DD214 or VA ID when you arrive. Discount is subject to availability and the amount varies. Please contact the property for availability.
- Houston Zoo: (FREE for active duty military personnel and their families – limit 5 persons – 2 adults/3 children per military family per day), Lagoon Park (in Utah), New York Aquarium (provides FREE admission for military person and 50% off discount for up to three family members), San Diego Zoo (provides FREE admission for military), and Universal Studios.
- FREE Museum Admission: The Blue Star Museums Initiative provides FREE admission to more than 1500 museums nationwide to all Active Duty military personnel and their families from Memorial Day, May 27th through Labor Day, September 2nd, 2013. Click here to find a museum participating near you.
- FREE National Park Family Pass: Military families can get a FREE annual pass to any of the National Parks (a membership worth $80). Perfect for a road trip with the family!
- Many local Amusement Parks have FREE admission for military during Memorial Day, Independence Day and Veterans Day. Contact a park near you to see if they have FREE admission. Here in Kansas City, you can get FREE admission with your military ID on Sunday and Monday this weekend at Worlds of Fun!
- VetTix.org: FREE tickets to sports events, concerts & more!
- FREE Lawn Care: When soldier is deployed) – Military families with loved ones currently deployed in the armed forces are invited to participate in Project EverGreen’s GreenCare for Troops program. Complete this registration form and a volunteer should contact you shortly.
- FREE Military Care Package: Scion is thanking our military by providing a FREE care package (1 per military service member every 12 months) with items including: beanies, a deck of cards and a complimentary hour of internet access – exclusively for U.S. Military personnel only. Click here to request yours.
- FREE Photo Book: Send a FREE 5×7 Photo Book to a deployed soldier + get it shipped for FREE. RocketLife prints the books for free, and the USO pays for shipping.
- FREE $15 Sams Gift Card: When you join or renew your Sam’s Club membership. Must present a valid military ID. Valid for active and retired military and civilian military employees and their spouses.
- FREE “A Story Before Bed”: Get a FREE recorded reading, for deployed parents and children. Really cool program!!
- FREE Welcome Home Signs: Perfect for when your deployed soldier comes home!
- Operation Love Reunited Portraits
- FREE Photo Canvas from Operation Hi Honey & Operation Hi Mom
Operation Heal Our Patriots – FREE marriage seminars & events
Freebies for any American
- FREE Square Inch Of USA Land
- 50 FREE Firecrackers @ Fireworks Supermarket Locations with this printable coupon
- FREE TNT Fireworks Poster, Sticker, Magnet, Tattoos & More!
- FREE Pocket Constitution
- FREE iPhone App ~ Anthem USA
To find local military deals in your area and military daily deals, consider signing up for a free account at the online Veterans and Military Discount Center (VDMC).
Post published by Melissa Roach, our Product Review & Giveaway Specialist.
Melissa is a Full Time Mom & Blogger HERE (please check out her blog)
Thanks, Military Wives Saving for your assistance with this post!